MULS Elections 2017
It's that exciting time of year again - no, not Grand Final Season...MULS Elections!
Being part of the MULS Executive is a chance to represent and serve Macquarie University law students. It also provides a great chance to build on your professional skills and networks.
If you're interested in being a part of the MULS Executive team in 2018, you must read through the Election Guide carefully to understand how the nominations and elections process works. It is also important to read through the relevant sections of the MULS Constitution, in order to understand the responsibilities assigned to your relevant position.
MULS will be running information sessions where you can have some complimentary tea (BYO cup!) in the Common Room (W3A 334) and chat with some current Executive Council Members to discuss what the roles involve and the rewards of being involved in MULS. The dates are as follows:
- Monday 25 September - 12-1:30pm
- Thursday 28 September - 6-7:30pm
- Saturday 30 September - 12-2pm
Candidates are reminded that all campaigning is prohibited from Monday 25 September 9am per the Election Regulations.
As in previous years, a 'MULS Elections 2017' tab will be available in the iLearn page of every MULS Member. This is where all voting occurs for Board positions.
- Nominations Open – Monday 25 September 2017 – 9.00am (Mid-semester break).
- Nominations Close – Sunday 1 October 2017 – 5.00pm (Mid-semester break).
- Question Period Opens – Tuesday 3 October 2017 – 9.00am (Week 8).
- Question Period Closes – Thursday 5 October 2017 – 5.00pm (Week 8).
- Candidates Response to Questions Opens – Thursday 5 October 2017 – 8.00pm.
- Candidates Response to Questions Closes – Sunday 8 October 2017 – 5.00pm.
- Questions and Answers Guide Published – Monday 9 October 2017 (Week 9).
- Polls Open – Tuesday 10 October 2017 – 12.00pm (Week 9).
- Polls Close – Thursday 12 October 2017 – 12.00pm(Week 9).
- MULS AGM – Thursday 12 October 2017– 1.30pm (Week 9).
- Board Induction – Sunday 15 October 2017 – 10.00am – 3.00pm (Week 9).
- Executive Appointments Announced – Monday 23 October 2017 (Week 11).
- Executive Induction – Sunday 29 October 2017 (Week 11).
Please send any enquiries to Rhiannon at email@example.com.
We hope to see your application soon!